Mothers Out Front is seeking a talented organizer and staff manager to develop and lead our organization’s work in Colorado. As the organizing manager, you will help build a diverse and powerful movement of mothers, grandmothers, and caregivers advocating for a swift transition away from fossil fuels towards clean and renewable energy.
You will recruit, train, and manage staff working with volunteer-led teams and build and support the Colorado state volunteer leadership team. You will work with and draw leadership from the frontline communities who are experiencing the worst effects of fossil fuels — from the dangers and challenges caused by extreme weather patterns to devastating health effects like asthma and other respiratory illnesses — with particular attention to low-income communities and communities of color. You will support the statewide volunteer leadership team in developing and implementing community and state-based campaigns, while coordinating with national organizing efforts to make urgently needed progress toward a healthy and livable climate.
Mothers Out Front is excited to expand our presence and grassroots organizing approach to Colorado. We know Coloradans care about protecting their state and ensuring a livable climate for their children and are ready for the progress which is so urgently needed.
About Mothers Out Front:
Mothers Out Front builds our power as mothers to ensure a livable climate for all children. We are building a diverse national movement of mothers, grandmothers, and caregivers dedicated to convincing elected officials and business leaders to work for a swift, complete, and just transition away from fossil fuels to clean and renewable energy. We know that mothers have an important role to play in the climate change movement, and, when it comes to protecting their children, mothers are an unstoppable force for change! Our goal is simple: to enable mothers to take active leadership in climate change work by providing the structure, training, and tools for them to work together on campaigns in their communities and at the statewide level. We are a member-led, national organization that is growing quickly. Founded in 2013, this year’s operating budget is $3.7m. We currently have staff working in eight states and are a fast growing organization with no plans of slowing down.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Develop and support statewide teams of leaders to build power and win campaigns across the state.
- Recruit, train, and manage community organizers in Colorado to ensure productive, strategic campaigns and to drive growth. Ensure that the organizers are effectively deploying training tools, coaching resources, data and membership support.
- Coordinate communications resources to ensure that Mothers Out Front is visible across the state, that members are informed of our collective work, and that the campaigns at the local and state level have effective communications plans and support.
- Partner with our development team to support the cultivation and procurement of sustainable funding for our work in the state.
- Work with the state leadership team and organizers to build state coalition and partner relationships.
- Manage the state budget in partnership with the state leadership team and national leadership.
- Participate in the national Organizing Manager Team to ensure collective impact and growth goals are set and achieved.
What we’re looking for in you:
- At least 5 years experience in a grassroots organizing or a campaign setting, including a background in staff management or demonstrated readiness to manage.
- Experience in grassroots organizing or movement building with an emphasis on leadership development. An understanding of campaign development, ideally including experience developing campaigns at the statewide and municipal level.
- Demonstrated ability and commitment to working with people from a variety of backgrounds, especially ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds. It’s also helpful if you have experience working with people from different religious, education, generational, and gender identity backgrounds as well as those with physical disabilities and from the LGBTQ community.
- Strong organizational skills -- experience with databases, setting up efficient systems, and budget management preferred.
- A passion for developing the leadership of mothers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with flexible and creative thinking.
- A passion for climate justice issues, including an analysis around climate change.
- An ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, campaign-oriented environment.
- The ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed, and to travel across the state efficiently.
- An understanding of the political landscape in Colorado a plus.
- Experience and comfort with fundraising preferred.
Details: Mothers Out Front is a virtual organization. You can be based anywhere in Colorado and will work from a home office. You will report to our National Organizing Director. This a full-time position.
Salary and benefits: The salary range is $60K to $75K, depending on experience. Benefits include health and dental benefits, a 401(k) plan, flexible spending plan, paid vacation, holidays, sick days, and support for remote work set-up. We offer ongoing training opportunities, a fast-paced, dynamic, supportive, and collaborative setting and we are proudly women-led!
Timeline: We are accepting applications for this position through late October and hope to fill the position by late November. We have a thorough interview process which involves a phone interview, video interview, campaign exercise, reference calls, an in-person interview for candidates who continue to advance through the process. We also have a commitment to building up a sizable and diverse candidate pool before moving applicants to the final interview stages, which means there may be a delay in getting back to you. Our hope is that our process allows us to make the best possible decision and for you to learn more about us and appreciate your understanding if there is a delay at any point. We will do our best to keep you posted on your status throughout the process and ask that you stay in touch too.
To apply: Please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the title of the job in subject line and include where you heard about the position. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Mothers Out Front is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ community, and members of other historically disenfranchised groups are especially welcome and encouraged to apply.
Do you like this page?