Position Summary: Reporting jointly to the Operations Manager and Director of Fundraising, the Database Administrator is a full time position based in the Mothers Out Front Cambridge office. The Database Administrator is responsible for the maintenance and integrity of the NationBuilder database, as well as various fundraising and administrative duties.
About Mothers Out Front: Mothers Out Front is building a diverse national movement of mothers, grandmothers, and caregivers dedicated to convincing elected officials and business leaders to work aggressively for a swift, complete, and just transition away from fossil fuels to clean and renewable energy. Our goal is simple: to enable mothers to take active leadership in protecting their children, by providing the structure, training, and tools for them to work together on campaigns in their communities and at the statewide level. We are a volunteer-led, national organization, with an annual operating budget of $1.8M and 15 staff working in 3 states. Founded in 2013, the organization has experienced rapid growth and has plans for continued expansion.
- Serve as the organizational point person for data entry and maintenance in the NationBuilder database
- Maintain and ensure data integrity, including resolution of duplicate records and list maintenance
- Manage user administration and maintenance, including the management of user permissions in the interests of data security and integrity
- Develop custom reporting and analysis for a variety of audiences, including on-the-ground organizers and management
- Work with outsourced partner and organizing staff to implement guidelines and processes around data entry, data management, and knowledge management
- Train staff and volunteers on NationBuilder usage and best practices/processes
- Provide technical support to staff and volunteers specific to the NationBuilder database
- Facilitate and coordinate reconciliation between NationBuilder and financial accounting system
- Coordinate database needs cross functionally across Communications, Organizing, Fundraising, and Administrative departments
- Serve as the organizational liaison to Mosaic Strategies, our external partner in IT and database strategy
- Provide grant tracking and compliance reporting
- Manage and maintain internal fundraising files
- Provide administrative support and coordination for fundraising events and mailings
- Process donations, issue gift receipts and stewardship letters
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and 1-3 years data analytics experience; additional experience in non-profit fundraising, operations, and/or administration preferred.
- Understanding and appreciation of the value of data, and how data can be used in organizational planning and strategy.
- Strong computer, IT, and troubleshooting skills.
- Great organizational skills and practices, with an ability to optimize and streamline.
- NationBuilder experience strongly preferred.
- Experience working in a virtual office a plus.
- Experience with Google apps a plus.
Serious applicants should forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Women, people of color, LGBTQs, and members of other historically disenfranchised groups are especially welcome and encouraged to apply.
Do you like this page?