Host a "Paris to Pittsburgh" Screening
First off, thank you!
Your willingness to host a screening of the Paris to Pittsburgh film is helping us spread the word that people have the power to respond to climate change. Mothers Out Front is excited to work with Bloomberg to spread this vital message.
Below are some basic instructions for hosting a screening. Please reach out to Betsy if you have any questions. We’re here to provide support!
Robyn’s contact info:
Set up your screening:
- Book a location and set a time and date for the event
- Email location (including address), time and date to Betsy. Also please indicate whether you would like a BluRay or DVD version of the film.
- Betsy will provide the information to Bloomberg and forward you a confirmation, as well as a link to a Mothers Out Front RSVP page
Promote your screening:
- Share the RSVP page with you friends, family and network
- Share the RSVP page on social media. (Sample posts are included below.)
- Send out an email blast using NationBuilder. (See samples below.)
- Share flyer. (See below.)
- Share all of Mothers Out Front’s screenings by linking to our event page on social media and in emails
At the event:
- Have at least 10 people in attendance
- Do not charge any money
- Ask all attendees to sign-in using a Mothers Out Front sign-in sheet
- Get audience consent for photos and take at least three photos
- Ask attendees whether the film inspired them to take more action on climate change and/or how they felt about the fim. Collect three responses in written or video form. (If you choose to take a video, check out the handy guide to making a good video below.)
- Post about your event on social media using the hashtags #ParistoPittsburgh and #Moms4Kids. (Sample posts included below.)
After the event:
- Please forward testimonials and photos to Betsy at [email protected]
- Please provide Betsy with the number of attendees.
- Please fill out this survey.
SAMPLE SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS
Before: Promoting the event
Don’t miss our free screening of @ParistoPittsburgh, a film celebrating Americans taking action against climate change into their own hands. Watch the trailer now, and make sure to come by at [LOCATION] at [DATE/TIME] ! bit.ly/ParisToPittsburgh #ParistoPittsburgh #Moms4Kids
We are excited to be hosting a FREE screening of #ParistoPittsburgh at [LOCATION] on [DATE/TIME]! It’s a must see for anyone concerned about the future of U.S. climate action. #Moms4Kids
“Climate change is a huge problem, but we can all be part of the solution.” Don’t miss [ORG NAME] ’s screening of #ParistoPittsburgh, an inspiring new film produced by @BloombergDotOrg and @RadicalMedia, at [LOCATION] on [DATE/TIME] #Moms4Kids
Don’t miss Mothers Out Front’s screening of @ParistoPittsburgh, a new National Geographic film produced by RadicalMedia in partnership with Bloomberg Philanthropies. We are excited to share this film with our community, shedding light on the effects of climate change and encouraging each other to fight for all children’s future: bit.ly/ParisToPittsburgh
“Climate change is a huge problem, but we can all be part of the solution.” How can you take action against climate change? @ParisToPittsburgh gives insight into the ways that Americans who aren’t waiting on Washington to act and are taking change into their own hands. Don’t miss Mothers Out Front’s screening of the film at [LOCATION] on [DATE/TIME]! Learn more about the film here: bit.ly/ParisToPittsburgh
At the event
- Unprecedented numbers of U.S. leaders are stepping up to address climate change and fight for our future. Hear their stories in #ParistoPittsburgh, a new documentary produced by @BloombergDotOrg and @RadicalMedia. bit.ly/ParisToPittsburgh #Moms4Kids
- “Climate change is a huge problem, but we can all be part of the solution.” Emmy® and Golden Globe® Award-winning actress @RachelBros narrates #ParistoPittsburgh, an inspiring film that examines the action being taken against the greatest threat of our time. bit.ly/ParisToPittsburgh #Moms4Kids
- From @BloombergDotOrg and @RadicalMedia comes a new documentary that explores the most pressing challenge of our time - climate change - and the leaders across the U.S. who are stepping up to deliver meaningful solutions. #ParistoPittsburgh bit.ly/ParisToPittsburgh #Moms4Kids
- When it comes to climate change, it's easy to feel hopeless. But the truth is, climate progress is being made around the U.S. every day - and often from unlikely places. #ParistoPittsburgh tells their stories. bit.ly/ParisToPittsburgh #Moms4Kids
Facebook / Instagram
“Climate change is a huge problem, but we can all be part of the solution.” How can you take action against climate change? @ParistoPittsburgh gives insight into the ways that Americans who aren’t waiting on Washington to act and are taking change into their own hands. Learn more about the film here: bit.ly/ParisToPittsburgh
From Orlando to Iowa to Los Angeles, the consequences of climate change are becoming increasingly evident across the country. But its impacts have created a new force for change as mayors, governors, urban planners, and everyday citizens pioneer climate solutions. “Paris to Pittsburgh,” a new documentary from @bloombergdotorg and @radical.media, highlights the leaders across America who are working to ensure continued U.S. climate progress bit.ly/ParisToPittsburgh
Climate change is the most pressing issue of our time. But faced with a federal government that is hostile to climate science, leaders across the U.S. are taking action themselves to safeguard our health and our environment. Hear their stories in @ParistoPittsburgh, a new film from @bloombergdotorg and @radical.media that explores the local, private sector, and community leaders who are continuing to work towards our Paris Agreement goals - regardless of federal inaction bit.ly/ParisToPittsburgh
When Trump announced his intention to withdraw from the Paris Agreement, he claimed he was working on behalf of “Pittsburgh, not Paris.” But the reality is, taking climate action is delivering tangible benefits for American communities from coast-to-coast. That’s why thousands of U.S. leaders and citizens are rising to the climate challenge, ensuring that we’ll make progress on our goals, no matter what happens in the White House. Learn more in “Paris to Pittsburgh,” a new documentary film from @bloombergdotorg and @radical.media : bit.ly/ParisToPittsburgh
- With increasingly deadly storms, rising sea levels, and destructive wildfires, the consequences of climate change are becoming clearer every day. But the same people who are experiencing its impacts are also uniquely positioned to create solutions - and leaders from around the U.S. are doing just that. Hear their stories in #ParistoPittsburgh, a new documentary from @bloombergdotorg and @radicalmedia bit.ly/ParisToPittsburgh
Do you like this page?