Join the Electric School Bus Campaign
Diesel School Buses are harmful for our children!
24 million school children travel on 454,000 school buses nationwide. Children riding on diesel school buses are exposed to 5 to 15 times more air toxins than the rest of the population.
About 90 percent of these buses run on diesel fuel annually emitting:
- 3,000 tons of cancer-causing soot
- 95,000 tons of smog-causing compounds
Childhood exposure from diesel soot emitted by school buses has also been associated with:
- reduced lung function
- increased incidences of pneumonia
It's time to switch to Electric School Buses!
- Cleaner air: Electrifying buses can reduce carbon emissions by as much as 40% because they have no exhaust
- Safer: better handling, responsiveness, and ride comfort and less likely to roll over due to lower center of gravity.
- Low maintenance costs (up to 70% less than diesel!). Diesel buses break down more frequently and are more costly to repair.
- Longer lifespan (12-16 years) than diesel
- Predictable charging fees cut fuel costs by approximately 80%
- As clean as the source of electricity used to charge them
Sign up to find out more about how you can help secure Electric School Buses for your communities and states!
Like us to spread the word