MA - #FixBigGasLeaks Campaign Kit
INSTRUCTIONS FOR MOTHERS OUT FRONT 12/10/16
#FixBigGasLeaks SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN
WE ARE TARGETING NATIONAL GRID.
DO NOT include EVERSOURCE or COLUMBIA GAS.
They have agreed to work with us.
QUICK PREP STEPS:
- Make or print a sign. See sample sign attached.
- Find a gas leak near you: www.heetma.org/squeaky-leak/natural-gas-leaks-maps/.
(Scroll down to find your community on the list.)
- Take a photo or video with your sign near a gas leak. Grab a friend, your kid, your group, your dog, or just yourself.
- On Saturday, December 10 (NOT before), send it out on social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram). Sample posts are below.
- Use Essentials on Posting below so your post will reach your gas utility and Mothers Out Front.
- Ask followers and friends to resend your post on 12/10, too.
- No FB, Twitter or Instagram? No problem. Email your message and your photo to Mish, [email protected] and she will share them on the MOF channels.
ESSENTIALS ON POSTING
ONLY post on 12/10, not before, though photos or video can be taken beforehand.
Using a graphic or posting without an image is fine, too.
- Use hashtag #FixBigGasLeaks
On FB, make your post "Public”, so your friends can share it and the utility can see it.
(Use the drop-down menu directly to the left of the Post button.)
- Tag National Grid in your post
- FB: @NationalGrid
- Twitter: @nationalgridus
- Instagram: @nationalgrid
5. Tag Mothers Out Front in your post
- FB: @MothersOutFront
- Twitter: @MothersOutFront
- Instagram: @MothersOutFront
6. Put your town or neighborhood in your post: Ex. ...Dorchester moms are asking @mothersoutfront....
- Put pressure on National to find the big leaks and fix them fast. We are NOT targeting Columbia Gas or Eversource with this campaign because they have agreed to help us.
- Draw attention to finding real super-emitters. The top 7% of leaks are spewing 50% of the gas. Finding and fixing them could fix half the problem in a year.
Thousands of natural gas leaks are spewing gas near our homes, schools, and parks. Gas leaks can explode, are bad to breathe, kill trees and are really bad for our environment. They spew more greenhouse gas than all our cars and trucks in Boston, Cambridge and Somerville. And, we pay for it! $90 million a year in Greater Boston.
Mothers Out Front brings together mothers, grandmothers and others who care about and for children, joining their voices to build the will to stop climate change. We work with many allies. All are welcome. We are hopeful and effective.
Do you like this page?