NC - Asheville Duke Energy Rate Hike Hearing
Mothers and allies are gathering on Thursday, March 12th at 7PM to attend the Duke Energy Rate Hike Hearing in Asheville, NC.
Now is a great time to support 2 mothers as they testify to stop a rate hike that is only meant to subsidize coal ash clean up and invest in more polluting dirty gas infrastructure. Showing up makes a tremendous difference!
Here's what they'll be addressing: from our friends at the North Carolina Energy Justice Coalition.
- Duke wants to use this rate case to increase profits for investors
- Duke is increasing rates on households by NEARLY 10% for most residents!
- Duke is using this rate case to recover costs associated with problems they created from investing in dirty energy, like coal ash clean up and storm recovery.
- Duke Energy wants to raise rates while failing to provide customers clean energy alternatives that residents and communities are demanding to address the climate crisis and local health impacts.
- Duke wants to charge ratepayers for its lobbying, and payments to trade groups that engage in political activities, including anti-environmental activities.
- Duke is pushing to recover costs for actions related to its so-called Grid Improvement Plan, which includes billions in questionable expenses that don’t directly advance clean energy investments.
For more information:
March 12, 2020 at 7:00pm - 8:30pm
Buncombe County Courthouse, Courtroom 1A
60 Court Plz
Asheville, NC 28801
Google map and directions