Pages tagged "in the news"
Posted on Our Stories - Blog by · September 10, 2019 8:46 AM
Media Advisory for September 10, 2019
Contact: Josh Glasstetter at 202-905-2921 or [email protected]
Telebriefing, New Report on Atlantic Coast Pipeline in Hampton Roads
Author of new report joins community members to evaluate case for Southside Connector
NORFOLK, VA. — On Tuesday, September 10, at 11 a.m., the author of a new report on the proposed Atlantic Coast Pipeline extension to Hampton Roads will participate in a telebriefing with local community members and leaders. Liz Stanton, founder and director of the Applied Economics Clinic, will be joined by Norfolk City Councilwoman Angelia Williams Graves and impacted community members, including a Berkley, Va. resident who lives on the proposed pipeline route.
The Applied Economics Clinic report set out to answer the question of whether Hampton Roads’ electric or gas supply is at risk without increased supply from a new gas pipeline. The report concludes that Virginia Natural Gas, a subsidiary of Dominion Energy, has ample gas pipeline capacity and has previously overstated future peak demand.
Local community members and leaders will provide their perspective on the report and the potential impact of the proposed pipeline extension.
WHAT: Telebriefing on Atlantic Coast Pipeline extension to Hampton Roads
- Liz Stanton, founder and director of the Applied Economics Clinic, will unveil her new report, highlighting the key findings and methodology.
- Susan Scerbo, a Chesapeake resident who has raised concerns about the pipeline, will provide her perspective on the report.
- Angela Howard, a Berkley, Va. resident, will speak to the potential impact of the pipeline extension on her life. She lives on the proposed route.
- Councilwoman Angelia Williams Graves (Ward 7) of the Norfolk City Council will speak about her concerns about the pipeline project.
- Kim Sudderth, a Norfolk resident and senior organizer with Mothers Out Front, will moderate the call and Q&A.
WHEN: Tuesday, September 10 at 11:00 a.m. EST
WHERE: RSVP to Josh Glasstetter at [email protected] or 1-202-905-2921 for dial-in information.
READ THE REPORT by clicking below:Read more